Main Content

Home » Ooltewah, TN Real Estate

Ooltewah, TN Real Estate

Ooltewah real estate is located in a beautiful community that was once a small rustic town and the former seat of James County. After nearly a half century of political infighting, the county filed for bankruptcy in 1919. Ooltewah was eventually incorporated into Hamilton County. The town served as the backdrop of a skirmish between Union cavalry and Confederate troops. Today, Ooltewah is experiencing significant growth as developers, major retailers, manufacturers and restaurants discover this thriving community. Although the town is ranked as the 331st largest community in the state, it has four distinct neighborhoods and is one of the fastest growing communities in the Chattanooga area.

The name Ooltewah is derived from a Native American word that means “owl’s nest.” The nocturnal animal serves as a mascot for the Ooltewah High School and Middle School. Elementary school students attend Ooltewah, Snow Hill and Wallace A. Smith. Some middle school aged students receive educational instruction at Hunter Middle School. Overall, the school system receives high marks. The ratio of white-collar to blue-collar jobs is about 75 to 25 percent, and most residents commute 20 minutes or more to their jobs. Nearly 60 percent of the single-family homes are owner-occupied, leaving 40 percent Ooltewah rentals available on a year round basis.

There is a wide variety of employment, shopping, dining and recreational opportunities available in and near Ooltewah. Residents can shop and dine in locally owned small businesses as well as several large national chains. The community is home to two highly regarded golf courses, including one that was designed by the legendary Pete Dye. Residents have access to the recreational facilities of the Hamilton County park system. Ooltewah’s close proximity to Interstate 75 provides commuter access to the employment centers, cultural venues and other amenities of Chattanooga. The quality of life, available amenities and ease of commuting makes Ooltewah rentals and real estate highly desirable.

Get in Touch

Kindly fill up the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!